Saturday, May 02, 2009

VIP BAR AT THE ROUNDHOUSE

Had a nostalgic time at Andrew Logan's Alternative Miss World contest at the Roundhouse tonight. First of all, I met the columnist, Madame Arcati (He's a man and his blog makes riveting reading), who fed me scurrilous stories while drip-feeding me with free champagne from the VIP bar. Also crushed inside the VIP bar were Bianca Jagger, Ken Russell, Tim Curry (flashing his gorgeous white teeth), casting director Ulla Larson, Molly Parkin, Time Out's Tony Elliott, handsome poet, Hugo Williams and the witty Julian Clary. Also, the vivacious Helen Ralli who designed the cover for my Young adult novel, Crushed was making a killing, selling programmes to all and sundry! Her 'partner in crime' was Jessie Lieberson (Molly Parkin's granddaughter). After I had finished ogling the slick show (produced by Michael Davis, part choreographed by Morgann Runacre-Temple) from the comfort of my balcony seat, I bumped into Jeff Dexter who besides being the most famous international d.j. in the Sixties, used to MC and co-ran the LEGENDARY Implosion Events at the Roundhouse. We walked round the refurbished engine shed reminiscing about the Old Days (when I used to be in nappies).

'You used to be the only one who wore bright red lipstick,' he remembered.

Not true tonight, as everyone was plastered with the stuff.

6 comments:

melissa said...

Hi Frances

I was at the show last night too - and was very taken with the face mask customised with sequins that one of the performers wore - On Trend for 2009 I'd say.

Also well done for being the first to get photos online - I am looking at this before 10am the morning after.

Melissa

Frances Lynn said...

Thanks Melissa! I really enjoyed myself too.

meowmda said...

What a gorgeous LARGE photo of Tim Curry! Thanks so much for making my weekend with that.

Madame Arcati said...

Am still dizzy from Lorraine Chase's flame dress, more astonishing than anything on stage.

Anonymous said...

Lovely picture of Tim Curry! What a handsome man he (still) is!

Frances Lynn said...

That champagne must have been spiked .... I didn't even realise that Lorraine Chase was there!!