Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Austin de Lone's Magnificent Seven


While I was ogling the Inaugural Celebrations on a big screen at The Arts Club in London's Dover Street last night; the fab Austin de Lone's Magnificent Seven band played to a packed house at an emotional Inaugural Celebration Bash at the 142 Throckmorton Theatre in Mill Valley.

The highly charged evening celebrated the change 'and promise' of the new administration of Barack Obama, America's 44th President! I wish I had been there in the flesh, as I've been told that my favourite chanteuse Ms Caroline de Lone (Austin's daughter) exquisitely warbled "Waiting on the World To Change", a song by John Mayer, as the opening song in a medley of 'hope and joy'. Other songs in the medley included "People Get Ready", "One Love", " A Change Is Gonna Come", and "Yes We Can". Other guest artists included (apologies if this sounds like a press release:) the wonderful Linda Tillery, Maria Muldaur, Annie Sampson, Timothy Hockenberry, and the charismatic guitarist Craig Caffal. My spies from over the pond assure me, a fine time was had by all!

No comments: