Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Dr Yan Li is A Genius Acupuncturist

One of my Fave Raves of the month has got to be Dr Yan Li, a Chinese doctor (her company is True Traditions), who has practiced Traditional Chinese Medicine in countries like China and Slovenia for over twenty years.

I saw her in Neals Yard in St Johns Wood High Street.

I went in for a tin of their relaxing lavender bath salts, and after meeting Dr Li who practises  there, signed up for a course of her  acupuncture treatments -  after she  correctly promised she would cure my lousy digestion  in six sessions. (I was  fed up with having to abstain from gluten).

Dr Li, who has a soothing bedside manner doesn't hurt at all.  After she removed the strategically placed needles, she gave me a therapeutic massage,  and also did cupping on my back - never in my wildest dreams did I envisage I too would have cupping acupuncture after I ogled Gwynth Paltrow's livid cupping marks on her back when she wore a backless evening gown on one of her red carpet treks.

Also, for for seekers of eternal youth, Dr Li does cosmetic acupuncture on the face and body which truyly rejuvinates. It knocks centuries off.

 I should know as I tried it and came out looking like an inhabitant from  Shangri-La! Recommended!



Dr Li can be contacted at dr.li@truetraditions.co.uk or 0778 - 696 4866

No comments: